It’s the End of Batman as Mezco One: 12 Collective Batman: Supreme Knight goes up for Pre-Order!Jose Lopez
Mezco loves Batman.
Their One:12 Collective line is full of variations of him, and while it can sometimes feel a bit tiresome, we have to give credit where credit’s due. Despite there being any number of costumes and iterations from the comics or the films that they could simply base their figures on (and they do), Mezco Toyz decided to do something different.
In 2017, they revealed the Ascending Knight Batman, the first in a trilogy of Batman action figures that would tell their own story of the Caped Crusader’s career. Earlier this year, the Sovereign Knight Batman dropped, to much collector acclaim. Following up on that second installment, Mezco today placed their Supreme Knight Batman online for pre-order. The final chapter in their Batman tale has arrived.
While the Ascending Knight took its design cues from Bill Finger’s original 1939 design for the Batman, the Sovereign Knight borrowed plenty of inspiration from more modern iterations such as Jim Lee’s Hush storyline and Rocksteady’s Arkham videogames. The Supreme Knight, however, is clearly an homage to Frank Miller’s Dark Knight comic book series, of which Mezco themselves have already produced a figure based on.
The Supreme Knight figure is a burly, grizzled take on the Batman, complete with more armored gauntlets and boots and a short-eared cowl that has seen some battles. He comes with the requisite number of batarangs (all in that DKR-inspired style), a grappling gun and a cool-looking “Equalizer cannon”.
Rounding out the accessories planned to be included are two alternate heads, one of which shows a gloriously grumpy Bruce Wayne who’s clearly getting too old for this sh*t.
The Mezco Toyz One: 12 Collective Batman: Supreme Knight action figure is available for pre-order now.
Mezco’s One:12 Batman trilogy concludes with Batman: Supreme Knight. This is Batman towards the final years of his campaign against the underworld of Gotham City.
Supreme Knight depicts an older Bruce Wayne who has learned his way and honed his skills. Now at the twilight of his war on crime, he uses his skill and tech to maintain his edge.
Supreme Knight’s Bat-Suit provides additional armored protection enhancements to compensate for the wear and tear that his years of crime fighting have taken on him. A magnet in his collar allows him to switch between two leather-like capes – one with an integrated posing wire and one that drapes freely. He employs an upgraded, more aggressive arsenal including a dual-blade karambit that folds, a multifunctional, non-lethal “Equalizer” cannon, and more.
The combination of the enhanced Bat-Suit along with the upgrades to his arsenal keep Supreme Knight the most feared amongst the Gotham City underworld as he continues to wage his one-man war.
THE ONE:12 COLLECTIVE BATMAN SUPREME KNIGHT FIGURE FEATURES:
- One:12 Collective body with over 30 points of articulation
- Three (3) head portraits
- Hand painted authentic detailing
- Approximately 17cm tall
- Nine (9) interchangeable hands
- One (1) pair of fists (L & R)
- One (1) pair of cannon holding hand (L & R)
- One (1) large batarang holding hands (L)
- One (1) grappling gun holding hand (R)
- One (1) pair of batarang holding hands (L & R)
- One (1) pair of posing hands (L & R)
- One (1) dual-blade karambit holding hand (R)
- Cowled head
- 3D chest insignia
- Two (2) interchangeable leather-like capes
- Fitted suit with body armor detail
- Wrist gauntlets
- SAP gloves
- Utility belt with grappling gun holster
- Knee armor
- Shin armor
- Tactical boots
- Ten (10) small batarangs
- One (1) batarang bundle
- One (1) large batarang
- One (1) dual-blade folding karambit
- One (1) handheld “equalizer” cannon
- One (1) grappling gun
- Three (3) grappling hooks (inserts into gun)
- One (1) open grappling hook
- One (1) open grappling hook with posing wire
- One (1) closed grappling hook
- One (1) One:12 Collective display base with logo
- One (1) One:12 Collective adjustable display post
Each One:12 Collective Batman: Supreme Knight figure is packaged in a collector friendly box, designed with collectors in mind.